martes, 17 de agosto de 2021

Yesterday I accompanied my son to his American church

Those who follow this blog already know that I am an evangelical and I attend a small Hispanic church with my wife. My daughter attends a medium-large Hispanic church and my son attends a large (though not mega) American church. Yesterday I had the opportunity to go for the first time with my son to his church (normally it is impossible for me, for work reasons, but yesterday, exceptionally, I was free).

The truth is that it was an incredible experience. I found an atmosphere of freedom and sincere friendship from when we arrived (about twenty minutes before the service started) until we left, in which the presence of Jesus could be felt at all times. Before the worship service, my son introduced me to the pastor, who, despite pastoring a large church and leading three other large campuses, showed himself as a humble, kind, close and warm person. He preached a simple but powerful message.

It is one of those experiences that one wants to repeat. I will continue to attend my small Hispanic church. But at the same time I will miss that American church unknown to me until now. And I will return to her as soon as the occasion allows.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Después de siete días de la publicación de un artículo todos los comentarios necesitan aprobación.